BSA certificate Basic Audiometry & Tympanometry (Mixed Mode)
February 4 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Starting on the 4th February 2021
Location: Online teaching, plus 1 day face to face at Newbury College, Newbury, Berkshire
British Society of Audiology (BSA) Certificate Course in Audiometry and Tympanometry – 3 days
British Society of Audiology (BSA) Certificate Course in Audiometry – 2 days
British Society of Audiology (BSA) Certificate Course in Tympanometry – 1 day
£575 per person (3 days)
£450 per person (2 days)
£275 per person (1 day)
Suitable for healthcare employees who are not qualified audiologists and are required undertake routine audiometry and/or tympanometry. Typical delegates include occupational health workers, assistant or associate audiologists, Teachers of the Deaf, GPs and nurses.
This BSA course will enable you to:
· Perform otoscopy reliably and according to BSA recommended procedure
· Undertake air conduction and bone conduction audiometry (without masking) and/or tympanometry and according to BSA recommended procedure
· Carry out Stage A checks and understand the requirements for calibration of equipment
· Operate a sound level meter and measure ambient noise levels
· Interpret results and findings, recording results
· Communicate results and findings to other professionals
A certificate will be awarded upon full attendance of the course, with successful completion of both the practical and written assessment.
This course will be taught as 3 sessions online and 1 session face to face, following BSA covid-19 guidance.
It is possible to attend only part of the course for the audiometry or tympanometry only elements.